Monday, September 24, 2012

Off to ALMERIA! (my new home)

Well, it is 1:51AM and I am leaving almost exactly 12 hours from now.  Needless to say, I definitely should be sleeping but the nerves are keeping me wide awake.  Even though this is my third time going abroad for an extended period of time (2009 summer- five weeks in Spain, 2010 fall- semester in Chile), this is definitely the most anxious/emotional/anxious I have ever been.  I am not sure if it has to with the fact that this is going to be the longest I have ever been away from home (9 months) or the fact that I am going alone.  Even though I am a little scared, I always tell myself that the more scared you are going into an experience, the more you'll get out of it.  I know that this will be my greatest adventure yet, so I am as prepared as ever!  I just spent an amazing weekend with friends and family and so now I know it is time for me to go.  I've just packed my next 9 months into three suitcases, so what the heck!  HERE GOES NOTHING! 

No comments:

Post a Comment